Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday Treats


I made some blueberry mini loaf bread and about 9 muffins with this recipe. It turned out really good. Again, I'll give you my recipe for it. I always change up a recipe to make it healthier or just have more flavor. 

Blueberry Bread/Muffins

2 eggs
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. skim milk
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1 c. fresh blueberries
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

1. Mix together beaten eggs with the sugars. Add milk and oil. 
2. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Combine mixtures, stirring only until blended. Carefully fold in fresh or frozen blueberries (I floured my blueberries so they wouldn't all sink to the bottom) and walnuts.
3. Pour (or spoon since the batter is very thick) into greased 5 x 12 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes. Let cool on wire rack out of pan. I made 2 mini loafs and 9 muffins. My girls like the muffins. I also put one loaf in the freezer to keep for later. 

Happy Baking!

1 comments:

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Mmmm...that sounds so good. That would be good to make today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails