Friday, January 23, 2009

Foto Friday

 
My husband and I have been married almost 7 years. Technically we have been together almost 9, though. He drives me crazy some times, but I love him. He is one of those guys with an extremely creative mind that I totally don't get. He knows how to play just about every instrument and could probably be in a one man band. He's pretty crazy most of the time which I love about him. 

I became saddened this week by the news of divorce from some friends of ours. It was really hard to hear but I am sure it is even harder to go through. It got me thinking what really keeps a marriage together. To be completely honest with you, Bryan and I have seen a counselor on occasion and it helped us just see a 3rd persons perspective and get through the "phase" we were in at the time. I think that the moment you stop trying to learn who your spouse is, you are headed for disaster. Yes, we have been together 9 years, but through those 9 years I know I have changed and I know he has to. We have gone through 5 pregnancies with only 2 successful and healthy babies. One of those babies died in my womb at 19 weeks. He was our first pregnancy. That changed me. It changed how I thought and how I reacted to life in general. We have also been through the lay off of jobs twice now. Once when I was 6 months pregnant with Grace, our oldest. We have lived with my in laws. Which almost sent us into divorce court. We have been down some very long and hard roads that would just take too much of my energy and time to explain in one blog. It is all of those mountain tops and valleys that have made us who we are today. We went through them together but also individually. There is one core value in all of those things that is the only thing that keeps us intact when the weighs of this life get too heavy, Christ. He is the one value that holds us together no matter what life throws our way. We lean on each other with Christ being the buffer for us. You know that song, "Love will keep us together....", and that is true. Love for each other and love for the greatest Savior of the World. The lover of my soul and the giver of strength. 

I love my husband and know that no matter what, he will be the one to pull me up off the toilet when I am 89 and can't get up! I know without a doubt that he will be the one that I hand my teeth to put in the dish, because for the 100th time I forgot to take them out. I just KNOW that he'll be the one to hold my hand as we walk in the mall with all the other "mall walkers"!!  

Have a great weekend and cherish the one you're with. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am honored to be included in your magnificent writings. We have certainly been through our share of fire and have lived to tell our story. It's an interesting one if anyone ever takes the time to listen. And you, my dear, are a poignant writer. Poetic and interesting, you are quite the wordsmith. And I couldn't be prouder to be married to you! I love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails