I hate waiting. I am not good at it. Just like the other day when I was standing in line at the grocery store only to figure out that I had gotten in the line where the cashier was either training or extremely slow! I had my 3 1/2 year old asking for every little thing that sparkled in that little aisle right by the check out. I had my 12 month old who was TIRED of being in the cart and wanting to test out her new found freedom of walking. I couldn't get in another lane because there was another person behind me. SO, I am forced to do what I hate doing. Waiting! I am not sure if any of us really like waiting. I swear that is why they invented car horns, so when someone is at a stop light not going, we HONK. Why? Because we are tired of waiting! And what about those SELF check out lanes? WHY? Because we don't like waiting on other people. Even if
we take forever trying to find that stupid bar code on the bag of Fig Newtons at least we are doing it ourselves and not waiting on someone else. What about kids? Kids hate waiting just as much, if not more, than we do. Waiting aka having patience is just one a human quality that many of us don't
posses.
I don't know why we hate to wait. I have been reading about Abraham and Sarah in Genesis. Sarah sure wasn't good at waiting. She wanted a baby and she wanted it now. She wanted a baby so badly that she gave her maid to Abraham to sleep with so she would be able to get a baby through her. Yep, you guessed it, it only caused problems. HELLO! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that giving another woman to your husband to have your baby isn't the greatest idea, even back then! It is funny because even as I have been reading this I have almost laughed out loud because of the humanity I see in Sarah. She hated waiting. I can relate. It seems that God was the same God then as he is now. His timing is not our own. His ways are not ours. So, what do we do? Wait, I guess. We trust and wait. Because the alternative to that is not trusting and not waiting and I have come to realize that I would much rather wait on God's timing for my life than my own.
So, God here I am. Waiting....and trusting.
Hebrews 10.23
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."
0 comments:
Post a Comment