Saturday, July 31, 2010

Date Night IN

When my husband and I were first married we would "date" all the time. We spend so much time just having fun together that I began grieving for those years lost after I had my 2nd baby. I say the 2nd baby because after the 1st baby, we didn't slow down much. We would still go to movies with her sleeping in her car seat. We went to dinner all the time. We did whatever it was that we really wanted to do and she would just come right along with us. She was our buddy, for sure. Once the 2nd baby came along, we realized that we had to slow down more. Having 2 children doubles the chances of a tantrum, break down of some dramatic sort, or someone being fussy. Also, by this time the first baby was a toddler.

Recipe for Disaster

1 discontent toddler
1 baby

Mix them together. It's that simple.

Now, with baby #3 we have found our life to be at an almost standstill. Not quite but we only rotate the kid friendly places. Library. Farm Park. Zoo. Mall play area. Grammy's. Repeat. We hardly ever actually go out for dates because let's face it, paying childcare for 3 kids is just downright expensive. By the time we leave for a date we have about $10 left for our date. Doesn't seem fair. So, we've gotten creative here at home. Every Saturday I'm going to be sharing with you a stay at home date idea. I hope that this brings a little more sizzle in your life.

#1

Picnic in the Park
1 Large fluffy blanket
1 picnic packed into a basket
1 bottle of wine/drink of choice
2 glasses that are not plastic or are not a colored tumbler
1 game of truth or dare

You can either do this picnic in your back yard or in your living room. Either way, make it fun and romantic. When it comes to the food, you can do take out, which is always a much needed break for the Mom of the house. If you do make your dinner put it in plastic containers just as you would a picnic. Act like you are leaving your house and won't be able to go back into your kitchen that is in the next room.

Get to know one another like it is the first time. I don't care how long you've been married, there is always things to learn. Then let the night go where it might. :)

Have a great weekend!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails