Saturday, July 17, 2010

Living in a Tiny House

Watching this video makes me envy this man in his tiny house. The life that he has set up for himself looks like so much less stress. No more spending Saturdays cutting the grass. No more major upkeep of a house. Just living. It's kinda like food consumption if you really think of it. We spend HOW MUCH on food per year that either makes us fat or we poop. I would venture to say that not many of us just eat food to stay alive which is what the real purpose of eating food.

So, the question that plaques me today is, what would my life look like if I lived as a minimalist? What stresses would I be giving up? How would this kind of life be for my kids? Something to think about? Sure makes me want to get rid of most of my "stuff" that I never use. And it definitely doesn't make me not want a BIGGER house to just be a consumer. Then there's the spiritual nature of it all. We are here as Christ's hands extended, right? Why isn't that our main focus of life? I'll be the first to admit that I spend more time thinking about my life and how to better it than how to better someone elses. Yep, it sure makes you think. Or at least it does me.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails