Friday, July 9, 2010

Spit Happens

Lately Noel has been spitting up a lot. It seems that she's continually slobbering and soaking through bib after bib. It's just that time in her life when she's teething. It's such hard work to grow those teeth. The pain, suffering, and constant reminder of the drool dripping from her chin that changes are happening.

When we moved from Portland to Springfield, we were unsure about jobs or when our next paycheck was coming. We felt we were in a risk whether we stayed in the current job we were in or whether we just stepped out and made the change. It has proven to be the best decision we've made in our life. But, even with the best decision doesn't make them easy decisions or easy on life.

Bryan was very fortunate to get a job pretty quickly after moving. Unfortunately he was hired through a temp agency and although he will go full time with the company in August, the first 90 days he works for the temp agency. Really all this means is that his paychecks are very minimal. We went from making 4 times what we are making right now in a month. That isn't easy to do. I could talk about the stress of the financial or the stresses of just simply not having a washer and dryer. But, I'm not going to spend my time on those things. What I will tell you is that I go to my mom's house twice a week and do my laundry for free. I will tell you that we paid our rent this month. I will tell you that our life has so much less stress in it. I will tell you that we enjoy our weekends and being together.

Spit happens some times. You don't sit and fret about the spit. You just change the bib or wipe the face off and move on. Sometimes so much spit happens that you have to change clothes but all that means is that in the valley of the spit, there is a mountain of a grin with sweet little teeth on the other side.

James 1:2-3
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails