I am a Promise.
I am a Possibility.
I am a Promise
With a capitol P
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And if you listen,
You can hear God's voice
And if you're trying
You can make the right choice
You are a Promise to be
Everything He wants you to be.
We all have fears. I fear failure. I question myself constantly. Am I a good enough mother? Will my kids end up laying on a couch in a counselors office because of me? Am I good enough? Am I strong enough? Am I a good enough wife? Could I do more?
It is hard to look into the mirror and see what my husband sees. The way my kids see me when they hug my neck. Most importantly, the way my Creator sees me. The One who formed me in my Mother's womb. The One who created the universe and placed the stars in the sky, also created me for a purpose. It is hard to remember that I am made in the very image, likeness, of God himself.
I know I sell myself short. I know I limit my own possibility by letting the darkness of evil override the beauty that God gave me. And I know that if I can look at these three little people and see nothing but beauty, pureness, and endless possibilities then I know that I am apart of that same promise.
Main Entry: promise
Function: noun
1: reason to expect something
Main Entry: possibility
Function: noun
1: the condition or fact of being possible
2 archaic: one's utmost power, capacity, or ability
3: something that is possible
4: potential or prospective value --usually used in plural
Grace
Hope
Noel
I have reason to expect success out of myself because I am not just me. I am full of the likeness of the same God that created my very beautiful and perfect children.




0 comments:
Post a Comment