Thursday, July 29, 2010

Welcome August

August is just 2 days away. August is a big month for me. I love August for many reasons. First of all, I HATE August because it is always the hottest month of the year. I'm talking 108 degrees with 75% humidity. Yeah, not fun. The reason I love August is because amongst the heat and the sweltering humidity you can smell the crisp Fall that is approaching. School starts which is always a welcomed treat for many moms. This is my first year with a child in school full time. I will wave good-bye as I send my oldest off to Kindergarten. August is also when you will walk through the mall and see the newest clothing coming out for those cool days that are coming. August is the month when I begin to start thinking about the holidays and dreaming of ginger bread cookies cut out to look like little men and the smells of apple butter cooking in the crock pot. August is the preview of my most favorite time of the year. It is the anticipation that I love. I have been anticipating August as this is the month that changes it all. Changes my life for good. I start college. Something that I have been dreaming of for well over 5 years. I will be finishing what I started over 10 years ago and for that I say, "Welcome August!"

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails