
John 10:10
10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
The other day my husband was close to my face and was telling me how much he loved me and how beautiful I was. As I listened to him share his heart filled love for me, I looked closely at his face. He has little freckles that run across his upper nose and under his eyes. Then in the corners of his eyes he has small creases that are beginning to form. There are little grey hairs that are beginning to poke up around his head. And I had to smile at all I had seen. Over 8 years ago we vowed to each other to stick it through the hard times and we have done just that. We've seen much loss. Much heartache. Much hurt. Also, much joy and happiness. We've laughed a lot. We've cried just as much. We've fought and wondered if we were going to make it through. We've loved so deeply that we felt our hearts would explode. We've created 4 children with one we have yet to look upon.
God never promised us that life would be easy. But he did promise that he would give us life to the fullest. I think that means that even when we are in the lowest place in the desert and it feels like everything and everybody is sucking the life right out of us, God breathes peace. Joy. Love. And we are able to enjoy life to the fullest even on the dark days. That, for me, is life and life to the fullest.
I will enjoy every wrinkle that my husband and I may get. I will laugh at every grey hair that grows. And I will live life to the fullest on the darkest of nights and the brightest of days. Because I know that there will be many of them to come.


0 comments:
Post a Comment