Monday, May 10, 2010

Blue Skies

As I sit listening to the lullaby praise music coming from the baby monitor, I'm overwhelmed with the thoughts that clouded my mind when I found out I was pregnant with little Miss Noel. The uncertainty of the pregnancy being so unplanned and not knowing whether I could handle 3 kids or not. This week she turns 10 weeks old and the joy that she has brought into our family is almost more than my emotional soul can handle without shedding some tears. She smiles and small giggles fill the room and we all stop to listen and watch. Even Grace and Hope become just as enchanted by her as we do.

God knows our hearts and knows our souls. We forget that he formed us in our Mother's womb and that he knows our deepest needs before we do. Lately, I've been deeply reminded of this lesson. Life never works out the way we planned but when we serve God even the negative looks like a big puffy cloud against a blue sky.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I needed that reminder. God's in control and his plan is perfect. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails