
Dear Grace,
You're 5 now. Every birthday I think back the day when you were born. I remember holding you for the very first time. It's a memory and feeling that a mom never forgets. Today you turned 5 years old. I don't want to think about the fact that you're half way to 10 now. And how 10 is half way to 20. Nope, not thinking about that.
You are a lot of fun at 5. You've grown so much over the last year. I look back at pictures of you and am amazed at how much you've grown up into a little lady. You've matured a lot too. I love it when you observe something about life and come to me in deep thought to talk about it. You're understanding of God and who God is in your life is really amazing for a girl your age. The other day you told me that God doesn't have a body but that he has just always been. You said it so matter of fact that challenged even my own faith. You consider Jesus to be your "forever friend" and talk about him in a way that is sincere and without reservation. You love to read stories of Jesus and learn about his life. You feel with all that is within you.Whether it be when you are excited, hurting, happy, or even sad. Some might call you dramatic but I like to think of you as just passionate. I love that about you.
You are one of the best big sisters I know. You will stroke Noel's face in a way that only a mama would do. You are such a nurturer. Hope adores you. She wants to be just like her big sister. And honestly, you don't think of yourself in that way. You are just best friends with your sister and love her for who she is. You care deeply. Love deeply. Hurt deeply. You remind me so much of myself at times. When I look at you, I see myself but it isn't the side of myself that I don't like. You bring out the best in me, Grace. I am so proud of who you are at 5 years old that even though I hate to see you grown up because I don't want to lose you, I'm much more excited about watching you grow and become. I know that the best years are yet to come and the last 5 were pretty darn good! Happy Birthday Gracie. Thank you for making me a mommy 5 years ago.
All my love,
All my life,
Your Mom


0 comments:
Post a Comment