Wednesday, May 12, 2010

There's always next time....

I have a love-hate relationship with working out lately. But, who doesn't?! Good. Glad I'm not alone. Before I got pregnant with Noel I was in the best shape of my married life. I was between a size 8-10 and was just starting a walk to run program to jump start myself again to try to get down between a 6-8. That is when it happened. I got pregnant and it made every motivation I had come to a screeching halt. I didn't think it would take me too long to get back into the swing of things after Noel was born except for the curve ball of having a c-section due to her being breech. Was NOT expecting that!

I've spent the last month in somewhat of a frustration. I went to my 6 week check up expecting to hear "you are free to be you" only to hear "no heavy exercising for another 2 weeks and even then you'll have to start slow". WHAT? I'm carrying around about 15 lbs of precious baby weight that I'm really wanting to rid myself of so that I can get back to the LAST 15 lbs I was wanting to lose before I got pregnant. That's 30 lbs, people! Ugh. I can do it. I know I can. But, it won't be easy.

I'm on day 3 of weight watchers (on my own) and have worked out every day this week. I'm feeling a little sore most mornings but that's gone by the evening when I pull myself up on the elliptical, turn on my music, and pep talk myself through a 30 minute weight control workout with mostly high levels of resistance. I do it, barely. But, I do it. Somehow I've got to transition my mind from it feeling somewhat "easier" before to now it being such a challenge. Tonight I did 8 leg lifts to try and strengthen the muscles in my lower abdomen. That's more than last weeks 2. I will get stronger and I will get thinner and I will conquer this nasty thing we in America struggle with so badly. Give me a year and I'll be there. I did, however, think I would turn 30 looking the best I've ever looked. That didn't happen but I did turn 30 looking like this.........


SO, I guess I can't really complain about that. Plus, there's always 31!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails