Thursday, November 20, 2008


We all deal with life is different ways. Me, I tend to stress, worry, and dwell on whatever is bothering me at the time. So much so that I then go for the emotional eating and like to drown my sorrows with Oreos. Which I just happened to have in my cabinet this morning. The new kind with candy cane filling! Yum! I never buy things like that but I had a moment of weakness at the grocery store last week. And they were just calling my name when I went to the kitchen cabinet with my stresses. I opened the package and ate 2 right off! Then after feeling horribly guilty went and ate another 2. The four Oreos that I consumed did not even lift my worry and stress over my life right now. It just made me feel like I had bigger problems and looked like a cow! 

I stood at the table spooning green beans with rice into Hope's mouth not really focusing on much of anything. Going through the motions until nap time, I guess. It is just one of those days. Out of the corner of my mind I heard something that stopped all my desperate attempts at SELF preservation. It was Grace. She was in her room playing and singing, to what I assume was probably her baby, "Here I am to worshipppp.....You're my God..........Your lovely, You're my God.......Here I am to worship......." I got tears in my eyes because in my complete blindness of SELF I had really forgotten to do the thing that comes most naturally to me, worship.  As I focused on Hope and green beans, I began singing right along with Grace. Instead of going to the cabinet with my stress and worry, I should have gone to God. Instead of complaining about it all, I should concentrate on worshipping the One who makes everything a little more bearable. The One who makes this life worth living. My wonderful Savior. 

Now, I gotta go work those Oreos off on the elliptical and while doing that I'll hide this scripture in my heart and fill my mind with the blessing all around me. Grace being one of them. And Hope being the other. Both God's and mine. 

Philippians 4:8 (The Message)
Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious-the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and god, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I loved that! I got all teary eyed. I could hear Grace's sweet voice singing. Thanks for that! Hey, I hope I see you tonight. A fun night w/ adults may be just what you need.

Related Posts with Thumbnails