Those are just a few of my precious "mommy moments". Most of the time my days don't like a perfectly positioned Christmas card. It looks like some crazy family scetch in the comics section of the newspaper. There are toys all over the floor, all the time. There is cookie remains smeared on my leather sofa. There is pieces of peas, carrots, and chicken scattered underneath my dining room table. There is a permanent piece of band-aide stuck to my hallway wall and I have yet to be able to get off. And I won't even begin to mention what I find in the toilet half the time.....not flushed! Being a stay at home mom is no piece of cake. I have had the whole debate on which is harder, SAHM or working mom, and still haven't come up with a winning team. I think no matter your situation, we all work so hard to be the best we can be for our kids. We all say things like, "It is all worth it." or "It is the best." I'm sorry but, are you kidding me? It ISN'T worth it all the time. It ISN'T the best all the time. But, for some weird reason we all just keep on popping those little munchkins out. Sure the "conceiving" phase is a blast. My husband always loved it when we got to the "we're trying to get pregnant" phase of parenting. Then he paid for it all after I would get prego and didn't want him touching me for close to 10 months.
Yep, those "mommy moments" are everything we live for. From getting our little one their first outfit to buying my girls their precious baby dolls for Christmas. Those are my "mommy moments". The water splashing everywhere in the bathtub while my oldest sings a song about being a mermaid and I stand in hallway to listen, that is my "mommy moment". Smiling while I hear my two girls laughing at each other at nap time is my "mommy moment". All the slobbery kisses and the choking hugs are my pay checks for being their mom. They are my moments and mine alone. Because with all of those moments it truly does make it all worth it and the best!


1 comments:
I agree. Being a mom is the most exhilarating, exhausting, fulfilling, frustrating, and memorable moments in life. The simplest things, like putting pigtails in your daughter's hair, are some the greatest experiences a woman will ever have. When I think about the mother's of well known men and women like Emily Dickinson or Abraham Lincoln, I wonder if they realized the great potential within their children. No one but God knows who these little blessings of ours will become or what impact they will make on their world. I just pray that I am an instrument of good in their lives.
Post a Comment