
This was taken in 2000, he STILL looks the same!
When Bryan and I were first married I remember our first Christmas. Bryan was working at Circuit City back when they were on commission, and didn't bring home very good paychecks. He was going to Evangel as a full time student. I was working as a receptionist with a local doctor's office. Which is where I first fell in love with the medical profession. I drove a Ford Explorer that we had just bought a month after we got married in March. Bryan drove his high school Ford Mustang with red interior. (there are memories in that car which we won't discuss) Life was simple and we were dirt poor. We were living on the north side of Springfield in a cute little one bedroom apartment. It wasn't much but it was nice. We had our little Yorkie, Gizmo, that kept me company while Bryan worked late most evenings. I remember playing The Sims on a PC or chatting online with my mom who was living overseas at the time. We didn't have many friends. Just each other. Our first Christmas was simple but so much fun.
This will be our 7th Christmas together as a married couple. Much has changed. We no longer have the Ford Explorer. It was taken to the scrap metal place because it was a piece of crap. We no longer have the Ford Mustang with red interior that reminded us how cool we were. We sold it right before Grace was born. We no longer have our Yorkie, Gizmo. He died last March of being really sick and old. (I miss my little friend) As of almost 5 years ago, we adopted Angel, our Yorkie-Poo who is laying next to me sleeping right now. As of 3 1/2 years ago, we welcomed our first little girl into the world, Grace Kristine. BOY, did she turn us upside down! We have moved many times. My parents are living in Springfield now. My brother is married. My sister is almost 27!!! Bryan's grandfather has passed away. We have been fired from a church simply because the main tithers didn't like who the pastor hired and wanted the "other" guy back. We have been employed at a Methodist church. We have lived with Bryan's parents. We have converted to being exclusive Mac users. (some things are just necessary changes) We have had 3 miscarriages one at 19 weeks. We gave birth to our miracle baby this year, Hope Louise. And through all the changes, ups and downs, ins and outs, there is only TWO things that have never changed.
1) I still love my husband!!
2) God is still God.


0 comments:
Post a Comment