Saturday, September 26, 2009

What does that make me?




My family and I took a trip to the Oregon Heritage Farms today for some good old fashion apple picking. We drove out of city limits and into the countryside of rolling mountainous hills, grassy plains, and lots of gorgeous farm lands. We saw everything from Christmas tree farms, peach orchards, vineyards, hazelnut trees, walnut trees, apple trees, strawberry bushes, tomato vines, and even wild blackberries growing on the side of the road. I have never lived in such a beautiful place as I do right now. Portland, Oregon area has the most magnificent nature that God created. Because of this beauty, I've learned a lot about nature and have become fascinated with simply being in it and apart of it. I know, I know, I'm sounding rather "green" and "earthy", right now. It isn't about any of that. It's about something so much bigger.

If you've ever been in a heavily forested area and you see beauty all around you. It is more than that though. Sit and listen. Close your eyes and concentrate, not on the trees, but on the spiritual nature around you. It's as if those trees, bushes, flowers, and shades of grass have one purpose. Worship. We are all here to worship. I felt this so strongly today when I gazed out of my passenger side window out to the vastness of God's earth. I watched the very tops of the trees and how they swayed from here to there and could almost see the admiration to their creator. It's almost as if the wild blueberry produce in simple thankfulness to the One who made them. The absolute wonder of creation is extremely spiritual. Not the creation itself but the nature in which it worships.

David Crowder sings a song called, "Everything Glorious". In this song he sings,

You make everything glorious
And I am Yours
What does that make me?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails