The adventure continues with baby #3. Starting week 16 with excitement for just 3 more weeks of wondering what this little person is inside me. A boy? Or girl? I'm really excited about either one. As many of you know, getting excited about having a surprise 3rd baby took me awhile. I had a lot of emotional and mind transition to take when I found out I was pregnant again. With every doctor's appointments, I would get more and more excited and more and more at peace with the idea of having 3 kids. But, it wasn't until I found a perfectly beautiful bassinet on craigslist, did I truly let myself go and get overly thrilled about having another baby. I brought home an almost brand new bassinet, that I got for a great deal, cleaned it up and put it all together. I sat it beside my bed and then stood back. This is real. Finally, this is all really real to me. I don't know how I'll do it all. I know that laundry will pile up. I know that my house will not stay very clean, as it already has a lot of practice in that. I know that there will be times when I struggle with giving each one of my kids the individual attention that they need at that very moment. And I know that I will feel like I'm losing my mind on some days, but looking at that bassinet makes me smile and put my hand on my growing belly and know that God is faithful.
I started out this journey of having kids with much anticipation and then when that anticipation turned into doubt and fear of ever hearing the word, "Mommy", you would have thought that I had lost all hope. Now, I know that some women are called to be doctors, some nurses, some teachers, lawyers, or politicians. All of which are great and mighty callings in life. I don't always like staying home day in and day out and there are times when I scratch my head and wonder what in the world I was thinking in wanting all these kids. Those are fleeting, yet real, moments that are just that. I don't have a college degree that hangs on my wall. But, I do have a family picture that makes me smile, cry, and laugh all at the same time knowing the road that we've traveled all together. I don't have certificates tucked in a file some place that recognized me for my accomplishments, but I do have a mother's day card with 2 sets of hand prints that says, "We love you, mommy!" I can't say that what it feels like to have that diploma on the wall, but I can say that I would give up all the years of college, recognition, and certifications for the daily moment to moment experiences that I get to be present for as a mom that stays home as her calling.
I'm not perfect. I'm not even almost but for some reason God chose me to be the mother of Grace, Hope, and baby #3. I was chosen out of all the women in the world to be their mom and I take that very seriously. I cherish my calling and with that I am more excited than ever to welcome this very wanted new addition to our family. I can't wait!
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Free Email Updates
Labels
- blogging (2)
- growing up (1)
- mom (2)
- preschoolers (2)
- stay at home mom (2)


0 comments:
Post a Comment