My parents are coming for a visit today. In fact they are about 2 hours away. This is exciting for all of us but especially for Grace. My day has been so busy with cleaning and getting everything ready. My day has also been extremely long with question, after question from my dear little 4 year old daughter, Grace. An average conversation of the day went something like this. Keep in mind that the number of these conversations could not be counted as there were too many to count.
Grace: Where is Aunt Jenni going to sleep? In my bed?
ME: Yes, in your bed.
GRACE: So, Aunt Jenni is sleeping me my bed. Where is Aunt Jenni sleeping? In my bed?
ME: Yes, in your bed. *sigh*
GRACE: I can't believe Aunt Jenni will be sleeping in my bed. I'm so excited. Where is Aunt Jenni sleeping? In my bed? Do you think Aunt Jenni will like my bed? Is my bed too boring? Maybe if I put Patches (her bear) on the bed it will make it more exciting? Do you think, Mom?
ME: Uh huh.
GRACE: I think it will. Because Aunt Jenni is sleeping my bed and I will let her sleep with Patches because she will be sleeping in my bed. pause, pause, pause
ME: (thinking the conversation is over......finally)
GRACE: Where is Aunt Jenni going to sleep?
ME: Do we have to talk about this again?
GRACE: But, I just want to know?
ME: *sigh* AUNT JENNI WILL BE SLEEPING IN YOUR BED!
GRACE: I just can't wait for Aunt Jenni to sleep in my bed!
GRACE: Is tomorrow a school day or church day?
Due to the length of the conversation, I will spare you. You get the point.
My brain is mush.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Free Email Updates
Labels
- blogging (2)
- growing up (1)
- mom (2)
- preschoolers (2)
- stay at home mom (2)


0 comments:
Post a Comment