Friday, August 28, 2009

Snuggle down




I don't know what it is about a parents bed that is so much more comfortable than you own when you're a kid. Do you remember on Saturday mornings, crawling into mom and dad's bed and thinking how comfy it felt. It just felt warmer, safer, and softer than your bed in your room. Now, that I'm the parent it seems that my kids feel the same way about my bed. Hope loves to get in my bed and snuggle down in the blankets. It is that security that they feel the most, I think. The never ending love from mom and dad that just encircles them. I think we need a bigger bed, though. A queen won't be big enough for Saturday morning get togethers in mom and dad's bed for much longer.

1 comments:

Bloggin' Mama said...

A king isn't much better with 3 kids, either!! Somehow, the more room you have, the more room they feel they can take up!!

The boys seem to sense that security thing mostly when Michael is away. They often end up in bed with me during the night when he's gone and it's so nice to wake up and have those snuggle-fests!

Related Posts with Thumbnails