It always takes me so much longer than most "average" pregnant women in there. My history is pretty long and extensive. When you've been pregnant 6 times, with only 2 living, blood transfusions.....the conversations can get pretty lengthy. My NP put me right at ease and I was instantly comfortable with her. She was pleasant, real, and not at all in a hurry to just get done with me. She seemed very concerned about everything I was saying and at one point looked at me with very caring eyes and said, "YOU have been through it, haven't you?" I love it when medical professionals open this door. Then I get, "What did you name your 2 girls?" Then I proceed to tell them about the GRACE and HOPE that only Christ gives and how I would have never made it through any of those things without his spirit in my life. She simply smiled but didn't say anything. I wasn't sure if she believed or if she was a skeptic, but I almost sensed that maybe she was a little of both.
After reviewing my long history, I laid down on the table and she proceeded to perform the ultrasound. I have a love-hate relationship with ultrasounds. So much bad news has followed an ultrasound but also the good news of "It's a girl" TWICE has happened after an ultrasound. Thus, my love hate relationship. We're working through it, though. This time was no different. I've seen enough of these blurry screens to know what I'm looking at most of the time. Instantly I saw what I was looking for without her even saying anything. The heart beat was beating steadily and swiftly, at which point I saw a tiny arm extend. Then I smiled. All the worry, fear, and anxiety about even having a 3rd baby simply washed away. The only thought in my head was, "I'm having another baby!" Truly is still quite surreal to me. Something that I take in only moment to moment right now as I'm still battling horrible nausea and part of my body that are so sore I want to scream. (yeah, you women who've been pregnant know what I'm talking about) Moment by moment is really all we have. And all I can take in right now. If I get too far ahead of myself I start to hyperventilate and worry creeps in. SO, this moment I'm just thankful for a healthy baby, healthy baby environment, and healthy nausea. I won't think about what life will be like with 3 kids. How in the world we are going to get Hope transitioned over into a big bed. Starting to potty train her. Getting clothes for 3 kids. Shoes. Socks. Hope adjusting to not being the baby. Her throwing fits that won't quit. Grace starting school. NOPE, I'm just not going to go there.


1 comments:
So glad that your appointment went well and the news was good. You are so completely right about God always being by our side.
And you know what, with God (and Bryan) you'll figure out how to deal with 3 kids!!
Post a Comment