Wednesday, July 8, 2009

No Matter What

Faith is something that is easy for me. I have faith in God. Faith in my husband. Faith in my kids. Faith in myself. Faith that one day we will live in a world with no more pain or sorrow. Faith in knowing that no matter what, I believe in a God that is bigger than all my fears. You can have faith in a lot of things. But, TRUST is completely different.

I don't trust our government. I don't trust a lot of people. I do trust my husband. I don't trust that if I leave an unpeeled banana out on the cabinet that it won't turn brown, because some things just never change. I do trust in God. I trust in Christ as the center and lover of my soul.

This is my 6th pregnancy. I have faith that this baby is going to make it to 40 weeks and be born looking all disgusting, and then cute once they clean him/her off, crying his/her lungs out. I TRUST that no matter what happens between now and then that God will strengthen me, guide me, protect me, love me, and carry me NO MATTER WHAT. It is that no matter what faith that is more about trusting in a faith that is bigger than ourselves and seeing the bigger picture. That no matter what, I will give God praise. No matter what, I will smile through the darkest times. No matter what, I will raise my hands in complete surrender.

I don't know what tomorrow holds, none of us do. But, I do know that it feels good to be a place with God that no matter what, I trust and adore the One who does know my tomorrow.

3 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

Kristen, I love the faith and trust picture you have painted here. God will hold your hand through these long 9 months!

I am happy for you all! I've been reading your posts and they are so bright, life filled and encouraging! Keep shining the LIGHT!

Rachel Leonard said...

kristin,

this really spoke volumes to me...although our cirumstances are different, i feel like i've been learning to walk by faith all over again lately. getting to hear your story first hand makes it even better. i'm so excited for your family. i can't wait to hear and see who God is shaping and forming in your womb. i'm believing for healthy placenta :-)

much love,
rachel

Bloggin' Mama said...

Whoa, congrats! I was in PC for 3 weeks and didn't read any blogs or get on facebook while I was gone, so I've been out of the loop.

I will keep you and baby in my prayers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails