
This Thursday would have marked the day that an event in our life would be over. My husband was supposed to go in for his vasectomy. We have two beautiful girls and we are good with that. God has blessed us even though we have lost 3 babies along the way. We are going to count our blessings and move on with life.
All of that changed on July 4th. This last week I was feeling like I had the stomach flu or something. Then a thought hit me, "Am I pregnant?" I waited a couple of days and the nausea was only getting worse and I was very tired. Sure signs of more than a stomach flu. So, I took a test not expecting it to be positive. I pee'd on that little stick and immediately saw the negative sign come up first. I washed my hands and then glanced back down and saw another bright blue line that would mean only one thing! Positive? I was so stunned that I even got the package out to make sure I knew which sign meant negative and which meant positive. I compared the picture with the test window. Sure enough, it was positive. I crawled back into bed and gently shook my husband awake. "Um, honey......so, yeah, I'm totally pregnant!" He jumped up in shock and got all excited about it. In that moment, I knew this was right. God knew better than I did about how many we should have. (and I secretly know it's a boy, but we'll see if I'm right or not)
I have a nervous butterfly that flutters around me right now because of losing 3 babies and almost losing our youngest early on. So, today the agenda is to call the doctor and get my progesterone checked. It ran low with Hope and that can be fatal to a baby if it runs low. I'm thankful that I really don't feel all that great, I count that as joy at this point. So, for now this caffeinated mom will turn (de)caffeinated mom!


4 comments:
Our prayers are with you and the new baby... Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! I am so happy for you guys, can't wait to hear all about how the pregnancy goes and to see pics of the baby!!!
Wow... congratulations to you both! I will keep you and your newest little one in my prayers.
I'm praying for you, that all is well and God will bless you and this baby.
I totally understand the fearful excitement- I too had 2 miscarriages before my 2 year old was born. Even the doctor stated during my ultra-sound (I made them give it to me at 4 weeks!) "You can act a little more excited" BUT I was scared of being excited only to be crushed again- I had even told God after my first miscarriage that I could never ever go through that again- but I did- AND THEN- at the end of my pregnancy- my water broke- blood everywhere! We almost lost him AND me- oh the stories we have to tell- but God really has carried us- and he continues to carry us- I look back on those moments as one of the most powerful and as a time that I have never felt the hand of God more- even when all I could do was cling to the hem of HIS cloak...
Post a Comment