It got me thinking about what I would want to say to my kids if I knew my time was limited. If I knew that I wouldn't see their birthdays and their many Christmas's to come, what would I want to radiant to them from their mom. Here's just a short list from the mom of Grace, Hope, and baby #3.
1. God's plans are not always our own. We don't understand why things happen in life, but we do know that God holds us and his strength is sufficient for all our needs. It's okay to not understand. It's okay to ask questions and not know the answers.
2. The good men are few and far between. You have to search and wait. Wait as long as it takes to find just the right one. Never settle for LESS than God's absolute best. Your daddy is a great example of a good man. If a man doesn't open the door and treat you like a princess, then keep looking.
3. You are both the most beautiful people I know, but if you don't show others love, mercy, and fight for justice then you are nothing but a pretty face. Seeing people in their hearts and in their time of need and doing something about it, that's what makes you beautiful.
4. When you choose what you are going to wear for the day, remember that if you wouldn't wear it in front of your dad then you need to go change. Men like the mystery. I know society tells you otherwise, but when it comes time for those boys in high school to marry they won't be marrying the girls who slept with the entire football team. They will be looking for a girl with virtue, purity, and a self confidence in who she is. And you can only find that in your relationship with Christ.
5. God is the compass of your life. If you life your life without God being the center of it all, then you live a meaningless life. I want your life to be full of fun, smiles, and laughter. Even in the hard times, when you have God you can find a smile in knowing that you don't have to worry about tomorrow.
6. I love you more than life itself. I cherish you. Your daddy and I love each other through a lot of hard days. Grace, Hope, and baby #3, you all are the sunshine of our life. God's mercies are new every morning but so are your smiles. Fresh as the morning dew!


1 comments:
This is exactly why I keep journals! When Taff was born, and now AJ....I began writing letters in a journal to them (they each have their own). When things come up I write about how I feel, what I hope they would do in that situation, and how my faith (and hopefully theirs) impacts or is impacted by the issue. I have already covered so many topics that I hope one day will help them overcome issues in their adult lives. I intend to give them these letters/journals when they are 18. Or, if something should ever happen...Mike will be able to read them and pass along my thoughts, hopes, and dreams as they grow up. I could care less what he buys them to wear or if he sends them to school with matching shoes. I want them to be good men of faith. Just like you want your girls to be good women of faith. We need to pray for more Moms to have this focus....because our children will be living/working with theirs.
Post a Comment