Thursday, July 16, 2009

Burdens

"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:30


What burden do you need to lay down at the feet of Jesus? For me, it is the unknown of tomorrow. The feeling of being a failure because I can't play with my kids the way I want to because I am so sick from being pregnant. All I want to do is lay on the couch and do nothing, but there is a house to be cleaned, laundry to be done, and kids to be fed. I feel the burden of losing all my weight and being so worried it will all come back. The concern about Hope and how she will adjust to have another baby in the house. Yep, I'm carrying some burdens. A burden of missing my family and wishing so badly that my mom was closer. I'm burdened for my husband having to come home from working all day to a wife that looks like the walking dead and only fixes sandwiches for dinner. And yet, he doesn't mind and has carried a huge load at home lately.

Jesus says that his yoke is easy and his burden is light. To lay it all down and let him carry the load. Letting him worry about tomorrow. Letting him fret about my future. Letting him give me the strength to say I need help right now, not just from my husband, but from a God that knows me and has walked me through everything. The uncertainty can be certain when you know that God knows your hand and will walk you through every step of the way.

His mercies are new every morning. GREAT is his faithfulness.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails