Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Jesus is blessing us, huh, Mom."





We are here and are settled. I love my new house. Some of the major perks that I love,

1. Granite countertops in the kitchen and in ALL 3 bathrooms.
2. Oval roman tub in master bathroom
3. HUGE garage!
4. Small backyard so we don't have to put the dog on the leash all the time to take her out.
5. Wood floors in the kitchen/dining area.
6. Fireplace
7. Really great lighting.
8. High ceilings!
9. Lots of windows that open to clean, crisp air
10. Having 3 bedrooms!! (one of which is a playroom for the girls)

It is still so awesome to be doing what we love. Bryan feels surreal when he is playing music and messing with the sound system at work all day. It's as if he isn't doing his job and should get back in the office then he will realize, "Oh right THIS is my job!!" It is an awesome thing for me as his wife to watch him lead worship and know that he is finally doing what his heart loves.

The girls and I are enjoying the church as well. We love being there and love the people. Grace can't seem to get enough church and is always asking if it is "church day". On Friday night we were there early for Bryan to have practice for the Good Friday service. I had taken the girls to the play area next to the church. While we were there another girl, age 7, was playing. Grace began to try to befriend the girl without much luck. After a few minutes of the other girl not wanting to take turns with Grace on the slide and monkey bars, I said, "Grace we gotta go back into the church in just a minute." Just so she would be aware that we were getting ready to leave. This started a conversation between Grace and the other girl with her saying, "I don't go to church. All they do is tell you to obey your mom and I don't like that." I was a little stunned by this as her mother was standing fairly close by. I didn't say anything but listened as I helped Hope walk around on the play equipment. Grace just looked at her as if she wasn't at all surprised by the girls comment and just says, "Well, I love my new church!!" and points to the building directly behind her. I just smiled with pride but Grace wasn't finished making me proud just yet. The girl kinda laughed at Grace as Grace slipped slightly off of one of the bars she was holding onto. At that, I looked over to Grace and said, "Grace, time to go!" Grace obediently climbed down but before turning away from the girl she looked right up at her and says, "Jesus loves you, you know that?" The girl and mother, who was still standing close unmoved and speechless, were both stunned. Not another word was spoken as Grace jumped down and ran over to me and grabbed my hand. My heart swelled with love and pride for my daughter who just reached out and ministered to a little girl who is cold and hurting. I don't know what will happen with that girl, but I do know that Grace not only ministered to her but challenged me to reach outside of myself and just simply be Jesus to someone.

I can't finish this story without telling you that later on that night after we were home and sitting on the couch reading the story of Jesus dying on the cross and rising again in her "My First Message Bible", I again saw the heart of my daughter. She was moved by this story that she heard and for the first time the story of Jesus became real for her. She was very happy when we got to the part of Jesus coming alive. I asked her what she thought about what I had just read to her. She says, "Jesus is blessing us, huh, mom!" It wasn't really a question as much as a statement. "Yes, Grace, Jesus is blessing us," I said as we made our way hand in hand up the stairs. I tucked her into bed then wiped the tear that was streaming down my face as I closed her bedroom door behind me and couldn't help but lift my head and smile at the One who created a little girl with a heart for Him.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails