Let me ask you a questions? Do you limit God? Do you limit your husband? Do you limit yourself? I have before. A year ago, Bryan was getting ready to graduate from Evangel University. We were so excited to be done with that long and hard journey of school completion. We were also really wanting to move on from the position we held as Children's pastors. We felt a little lost and forgotten by God. We started sending out resumes to a few churches, but mainly Bryan was applying for jobs in graphic design. We had pretty much decided to get out of the ministry because of so many hurts and the current situation at that time was not a good one. We were tired of being in churches that were run by nothing but politics and didn't see people. We felt that we could do more ministry working outside full time ministry than we could being at church every day.
This decision was a hard one for me. I started going through some depression. During this time of him traveling from Kansas City, St. Louis, and Tulsa for interviews, we began to lose something. It wasn't until today as I was drying my hair, humming a worship song to God and just thinking how great life is now that I realized that we were missing that devotion to Christ that makes you fall on your face and say, "Here I am Lord, send me!" The Bible is full of these experiences that people just gave it all. They gave it all for the cause of Christ. One of my favorites is of Mary. It probably isn't one that most people think about when you say the words, "Here I am Lord, send me!" Most would think of Samuel. But, Mary is a huge example of this. Can you imagine saying yes to God and knowing that the potential of losing all those you love is a possibility. She had no idea how Joseph would respond to this news. She had no idea how her parents or friends would respond. She could have walked away, pregnant with the King of kings, completely alone in an earthly sense. But, because she handed all she all, every fear, every insecurity, every imperfect part about herself, over to God she was a blessed woman. She is the mother of Jesus. I mean, how cool is that! She humbled herself before God in a way that he was able to completely mold her into what he needed her to be. Because of her choices she unleashed God to be limitless in her life.
Bryan and I were limiting ourselves and God last year. It wasn't until late Fall of this last year that we began to really open up ourselves to more possibilities. We had spend 100's of dollars on driving to and from graphic design interviews. We had began arguing more and more. We were completely unhappy. We became desperate for God to do something. I remember the night that Bryan was out late for work, the girls were in bed. I had just finished working out on the elliptical, listening to a podcast by Erwin McManus. I became overwhelmed with my defiance to God. I had been so close minded saying things to my husband like, "I don't want to move away from my family." "I only want to live in this area." I had totally limited God, myself, and my husband. I fell on my face in humiliation and repented of my attitude, my actions, and my insecurities. I laid it all out there, which wasn't much. And I let my Savior fill my heart and life with his peace. I was still in the unknown of what the future held but I knew that I would trust God no matter what. Even when the current church we were at gave us a resignation date, I trusted God. I opened my life to him in a way that I had not done before.
Now, I sit in Beaverton, Oregon and loving my life. I am far away from my family but I am okay with that. I am serving God to the fullest and my life has become such an adventure. My parents are great examples of this, as they left the USA and lived overseas for 9 years in missions! Serving God is anything but boring! As a woman, wife, and mother, I could have continued to be closed off and limited God from working and blessing my life and the lives of my family. I surrendered and now my husband comes home from work happy. Watch out world, Kristin is not limiting God any more......ANYTHING is possible! I serve a limitless God!
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Free Email Updates
Labels
- blogging (2)
- growing up (1)
- mom (2)
- preschoolers (2)
- stay at home mom (2)


0 comments:
Post a Comment