@prodigaljohn: Everyday the enemy tries to offer you an apple, when God has already given us an orchard.
I contemplated this for awhile, all day actually. Tonight while I was doing my 3rd round of vacuuming I was thinking about that. Today the enemy handed us an apple. I began to think about the ladder part of that tweet, "when God has already given us an orchard." I don't believe that it is always easy to FIND the orchard, however. God has given us an orchard but that doesn't always mean that it is right in front of our faces. I think more times than not, it really has everything to do with how God takes nothing, us, me, you, and makes something. My dad has said for years that when you don't know what else to do, you just stand. Stand and be faithful. Being faithful in your mind as well as your heart. You can give your tithe, ready your Bible, and pray every single day but if you are not thinking with positive "orchard" thoughts, then nothing that you DO is going to make much of a difference. Choosing to not stay in the state of just having an apple but looking forward. Onward to the orchard that is already yours and mine.
I'm not sure WHERE our orchard is or when we will find it but I know it is there. I think it is a peach orchard. Big, plumb, fuzzy peaches that when you take a big bite into them the juice dribbles down your chin onto your shirt and the meat of the peach melts in your mouth. I envision a well designed sign, cause that's how we do things around here, in the front of the orchard that says, "I am always faithful." I know that once we find that orchard there will still be a worm or two along the way, but I can feel the breathe of God on my neck and I know that he is ever so close. I will put one foot in front of the other and just like a mother holding the hands of her little toddler giving her walking assistance, so will God be holding me close with each step that I take.
Hebrews 10:23


0 comments:
Post a Comment