Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Healthy Me.

Honestly is something that I've been accused of being. It's something that I love about myself. I believe in honestly. And so here goes my honestly, once again.

I'm struggling. Really bad struggling. I have something that is abbreviated as PMDD, Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I have 3 really great weeks out of my month where I feel like myself and then about 7-10 days before my cycle I'll have every symptom that is listed under PMDD. I hate myself during this time. I know that I can't control my feeling or emotions which makes me want to hide under a rock. Then I go through the emotion of wondering why my husband would ever want to be married to someone like me. Feeling completely at a loss of who I am.

Then one day I'll wake up after the week of hell, which feels more like a month, and the sun will have risen and I'll feel lighter. This is a disorder that is extremely hard to deal with naturally but I'm committed to doing it. My first step is to reevaluate the way I eat. What foods do once they enter my body is something that I'm learning more and more about. Exercising. Conquering the weight gain once and for all.

I have a lot of questions as I'm on this journey to emotional and physical health. One is about hormones in our foods and what do they do to us. Gluten? What does it do and how could it affect me. Even going so far as to explore what a life might look like as a vegan. I'm exploring and I'm learning. I'm sure my anatomy class and my nutrition class will sure help me understand my own body.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH Kristin! I feel like your sister right now! I struggle with this too. I am so happy you described it that way. I never know how to explain it. I really want to know what you find out. I even took Yaz for 2 years (advertised to help with PMDD), until my NP took me off it because of the stroke risk. I have switched to a progesterone only pill. It was a bad week last week. I just don't feel like myself.

(de)Caffeinated Mom said...

So glad I'm not alone. This is a disorder that makes you feel completely alone. I took Yaz as well and hated it. Doesn't work for me. It is hard to find something that really works.

(de)Caffeinated Mom said...

So glad I'm not alone. This is a disorder that makes you feel completely alone. I took Yaz as well and hated it. Doesn't work for me. It is hard to find something that really works.

Related Posts with Thumbnails