Monday, November 23, 2009

Worn out Mama

Stress-free life is something that simply does not exist. We all have stresses no matter how old you are, what you do for a living, or what kind of mobile device you have. We seem to buy into products with words like, "soothing", "tranquil", "all-in-one", and "convenience". I don't think there is anything wrong with this. I all for comfort and convenience. I think that life tends to hand us all way too many stresses but with those stresses come a mind set that only we are in control of.

Today I reevaluated my stress level in my own life. I am a stay home mom with 2 children under the age of 5. I am 6 months pregnant. I recently moved to a completely new place across the country from where I consider to be home. The wear and tear of life has made me exhausted and I needed to look around me and eliminate some things. And add a few.

1. Switching back to disposable diapers during the holidays full of traveling, Christmas parties, many outings, and lots of fun! I don't need the stress of washing tons of diapers every other night. For me, this is a stress that I don't need right now.

2. 30 minutes of exercise at least 3 days a week. This helps me focus and gives my stress an outlet.

3. Stop taking myself so seriously.

4. Spending more time in conversation with God. This is the most important. Spending more time listening to his still, small voice.

5. Stopping! The dishes can wait. The laundry will still be there in 30 minutes. Spending time having a tea party with my girls, reading books, and having tickling matches are at the utmost important. The hugs, kisses, and smiles is what I live for.

This is my 5 step program for a more tranquil, peaceful, and soothing life. On Sunday our pastor spoke on 4 survival stratigies for living. I feel that they are strategies for not only survival but for living life to the fullest.

1. Worry about nothing

2. Pray about everything

3. Thankful to God in all things

4. Thinking on good things

All of these are important and go hand in hand. What goes in, always comes out. This hormonal, stressful wife and mother has purpose in living a life full of good things.

1 comments:

Alyson said...

Our pastor spoke on that exact verse this past Sunday as well. Must be the "go to" verse for Thanksgiving. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails