Saturday, November 21, 2009

Just my take on it...

I'm a follower of Christ and proud to say it!!!Let's see how many people on FB are not afraid to show their love for god!!! Repost this as your status... Each time you see this on someone's status say a quick prayer for that person!! let's get God back in this country like He should be!!! If you agree respond!!! Just copy and paste... God Bless!!!

This is the statement I've seen showing up on my Facebook over the last week or so. You know how it goes. You get the e-mail and it says that if you don't send it to 5 people then you don't love Jesus. WHAT? How in the world are these things in any way helpful to the Christ centered religion of Christianity? I feel the same about the entire Christian appareal, bumper stickers, and wrist band industry. Do I need to wear a t-shirt confessing my faith because that's just the only way people would know that I am a Christ-follower? What about paying for the groceries of the person behind you? What about carrying the elderly ladies bags to her car? What about speaking to the Starbucks barista about how you hope he has a great day and are genuinely interested in his life?

Is posting statements of sentiment faith on your Facebook wall the way to really be a witness? How about befriending those who are less lovely, less friendly, and less worthy than what you would consider yourself to be in this thing we call life. Share your faith, but don't post it on Facebook expecting someone to have a life changing moment by reading it on your wall. Being a Christ follower isn't an advertisement. It's a relationship.

2 comments:

Alyson said...

I couldn't agree more. I can't stand it when people send me ridiculous emails and FB posts like that. They will know us by our fruits, not some ridiculous post on our status update.

Bloggin' Mama said...

Completely agree. We should stand out in our faith because we don't conform to the world. People should know us by our actions.

Related Posts with Thumbnails