"Happy" is one of those adjectives that we are all familiar with but few really know the true definition of the world. When I looked it up on my dictionary widget I found this explanation, "Hap-py 1. feeling or showing pleasure or contentment." It was the word contentment that surprised me. Being content is also a means of being happy? After thinking about that for a few minutes I realized that that is probably true. So, maybe I should strive to be more content so that I can also be more happy? Who knows.
Here are a few things that make me happy/content today:
1) Hope crawling all over the place.
2) Hearing Grace's dvd, "BOZ" singing songs about imagination.
3) My body wash that smells like freshly peeled oranges.
4) Seeing my husbands face on my iphone when he is calling me.
5) Knowing that cooler weather is on its way and that means so are the holidays.
6) Reading my devotion for the day and knowing that God is stronger than all my "stuff"
7) Looking out my patio door and seeing the leaves changing colors.
8) Thinking that Bryan and I getting away, just the two of us, at the end of October.
9) My pretty table cloth I put on my table today.
10)Sitting in silence while the girls take their nap and enjoying some hot tea out of my china tea cup and saucer that I bought in Ireland years ago.


2 comments:
Hey, I love your new blog, and I am very proud of you for designing your own header. We will get away soon! Promise!
Now I have to ask myself...what made me happy today. It wasn't the nine o'clock meeting I had at the nursing home. And it wasn't the downtown traffic, ugh! But I did have a wonderful talk with a good friend. I was happy to hear glowing reports from my kids after school about their days. I love PCCS! I am happy that I have Lucy, my fairly new dog. I am happy that my kids, except one, are at home safe, healthy, and not fighting (at the moment).
Post a Comment