Friday, September 19, 2008

Just Give it Time

Jon McLaughlin has a great song entitled "Just Give It Time". I have listened to this song over and over. Every time I hear it makes my soul settle down a little and just take my life in a stride. I tend to want to be overly controlling about my life. I used to have the next 5 years planned out and if it didn't go that way then I freaked. I know I can't live that way any more. After having so many ups and downs with miscarriages, marriage, kids, in laws, and family, I know that I have to just go with whatever the moment brings me. 

I listened to Erwin McManus yesterday on the Mosaic podcast. The first week of his new series "Fall Forward" was entitled False Starts. I sat for almost 40 minutes and cried while listening to him talk about false starts and what exactly that means. That part that hit me the most is when he compared our lives to an Etch-a-Sketch and how sometimes we now we need a fresh start but we are almost stuck. We know that we need to start over but we aren't sure how. That is when we have to ask God to literally just shake us like an Etch-a-Sketch and rewrite on our hearts. I sat in awe at the mental picture of an Etch-a-Sketch and how all the lines and disfigured objects on the screen are wiped away clean after shaking it. It is as if I have committed some drastic sin or anything like that. It is just simply starting the race wrong. Somewhere along the way I have lost my way. Lost my focus. I am truly a worn out woman.  I don't know how to start over or to make my current circumstances change. I do know that I serve a God that is the King of all Kings. I serve a God that is my comforter, my redeemer, my strength and my refuge. I know that he says to simply Be still and know that I am God. Ps. 46:10  So, being still is something I can do.  

Just like Jon McLaughlin's  song, "Just give it time, its gonna get better. Now is not forever at all." 




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails