
Last night I was sitting in the chair reading to Hope before she went to bed. As I read, "Where the Wild Things Are", the overwhelming sense of her turning 2 next Friday just hit me. She is growing up so fast. Grace will be 5 this year! I will be THIRTY!
My question to you is, how to do you cherish the moments? How to do remember them through time. Such as last night with my curly headed toddler on my lap, I try to mentally take a picture of the moment. The way I felt, the way Hope's hair kept tickling my chin, her little finger pointing at the pictures on the pages, and the way she rested her head against me. Is there a way to remember that moment 10 years from now? 20? Will I be able to grasp hold of that moment when I am 60 and enjoying, hopefully, my own grandchildren? I'm sure that as I sit in my plush leather rocking recliner in the home that Bryan and I built for ourselves and I rock another, possibly, curly-blond headed toddler in my lap and read to her "Where the Wild Things Are", while she rests her sweet body against mine, the moment of rocking her mother will come back to me and I'm sure that I just might cry.


1 comments:
That was a really amazing post Kristin! This verse of a song came to mind as I was reading this...I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
It's so true =), God Bless!
Post a Comment