Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Miracles

With each of my children, I would find a scripture to just mull over and over in my head the entire time I was pregnant with them. I learned to do this after I lost Seth and the meditating on good things seemed to me the only thing to get me through the first few months of each of my pregnancies.

With Grace I had my scripture before she was ever even conceived. I knew that when I did get pregnant, that the baby would be a girl and she would have lots of brown hair. I also knew that her name would be Grace. I never doubted for a moment that the baby growing inside me was a girl. In fact when the ultrasound tech came in to let us know which it would be, I told him, "It's a girl." He smiled and confirmed that yes, indeed the baby was a girl. I just had no doubts. To this day, when I look at Grace with her long brown hair and her sweet dimpled smile I think of "her" scripture. One day I will share it with her and share the significance of it with her.

Luke 17:6 He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

Hope was just as much of a miracle as Grace. We had been trying to get pregnant with another baby for well over a year. I had had a really bad miscarriage that took a lot out of my physically. During that time, Bryan also lost his job. It was a time of real faith. We knew that God would open the right doors. It was about 5 months after that miscarriage when I found out I was pregnant with Miss Hope. My pregnancy with her started off rough and ended rough. I was put on bed rest almost my entire pregnancy and was never more emotional and joyful to see her little face on January 8, 2008. The emotion overcame me and I bawled my eyes out with relief that she was finally safe in my arms and that my pregnancy was ALL OVER!

Psalm 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.

This baby may have started out a surprise but is no less important to my soul. We are just 5 days from finding out if this last baby to join the Thompson family will be a boy or girl but I already have a scripture that became real to me when I found out that I conceived this baby with only one working ovary. WOW! I have 3 miracle babies.

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails