Saturday, March 14, 2009

Magic number 7

I have always thought that maybe God's favorite number was 7. You know, 7 days (though I use the word "days" loosely) of Creation. Taking seven of every kind of clean animal into the Ark. Then he told Noah that in SEVEN days he would send rain. Those are just a few examples of the number seven being used in the Bible. Actually, when I typed in the word "seven" into a quick search for Bible Gateway it came up with 524 results. Wow, that proves it enough for me that seven is officially God's favorite number. If he actually has one. I have never had a favorite number. Never really thought of a number having that much significance in my life to lay claim to a favorite one. But, I think maybe 7 is my newest favorite number. Yesterday, Bryan and I marked 7 years of being married. I'll be straight up honest, it hasn't all been easy. We've had some struggles in our lives that made for a rough few years of marriage. We stuck it out though and knew that we were being challenged for a race that was coming. The last 7 years kinda feel like God has been training us for "such a time as this". We turned a corner this year and the ability to breath is sometimes overwhelming. We are happy. We are healthy. We have 2 beautiful children. We are jobless as of right at this moment, but we don't care. We aren't worried. We know that God is carrying us through it all. It is our seventh year. It is the year of blessings upon our lives. At the end of last year I spent much time in prayer and fasting for this year of 2009. I remember being on my knees and just being in silence with God for a few moments. The house was quiet and I was laying my life out there with God. My friend. He spoke to my heart in a still small voice and said, "Be still and know that I am God." Okay. That's all I needed. I trust him with my next minute, my next day, my next week, my next year.

Seven. Kinda makes me a smile.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Bloggin' Mama said...

Congrats on 7 years of marriage! I know it hasn't always been easy, but you guys are doing the right thing, trusting God to provide!!

We will be celebrating 9 years next month! Whew.

Related Posts with Thumbnails