
We're all created for something big. No matter if it is staying home with those little ones, that is big in their life. Your something "big" doesn't look like everyone else's something "big". The men that come and dumb our trash is big to me. The lady that delivers my mail is big to me. We are all called to do that something "big" in this world.
Over the last year, Bryan and I felt like that something "big" was coming. We just felt it. It was like a presence in our life that we just knew. We have spent the last 7 years wondering around in the dessert like the Isralites and really felt like the Promised Land was coming! We have been searching for it, applying for it, and trying out it for. But, we haven't arrived yet. Which brings me to my next question.... do we ever really arrive at that Promised Land?
I'm not sure. I have been told that we never do "arrive" but do we? I mean in this life, is there a chance that we can arrive at the place that God has been grooming us for our entires lives? Yes, I understand that the reason people say we never really arrive is because we are always learning, growing, changing, and moving on from the current place. Nothing ever stays the same. But, in my heart I almost feel like we are getting ready to finally "arrive" at the place that we have fought so hard to find. All the losses, all the hurt, all the devastation has finally moved out. I love how Erwin McManus, teacher and Pastor of Mosaic Church in CA, says it best "We may not be able to accomplish everything we can dream, but we will not accomplish anything without our dreams."
I'm dreaming and there is nothing wrong with it. I had thought at one point in my life that dreaming was this thing that is only meant for children. But, it isn't. It is meant for you and me. There is nothing wrong with dreaming because God is the giver of our dreams and with those dreams we will go so much farther than we ever thought possible. I'm called to do and be that something "big"!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment