
Today started off a little rocky. As I don't feel like my days really end since I feed Noel almost every 3-4 hours through out the night. At 6 a.m. I got out of bed for the last time and fed Noel again. Bryan left the house a little after 8 a.m. and I took a deep breathe and put my organized mommy hat on. I kept the girls so busy that they haven't had time to make unwanted messes, get into each others space, or even be disobedient. We've gone from coloring, practicing writing our names, learning shapes (for the 2yr old), snack & movie time (aka shower time for me), reading books, and now listening to Hillsong kids when we dance around in worship to Christ. Noel has slept very peacefully for most of the morning in her swing. I've been able to get my house mostly clean since my in laws are arriving late tonight for a 2 day visit. I was able to shower, get dressed, put make up on, and even fix my hair. I even have lip gloss on!
Now, I'm not new at this. I know that not every day will go so well, but I think that God knows what we need and when we need it. I needed this today. I needed the calm. I needed the confidence in knowing that I, indeed, am very capable of handling, mothering, teaching, loving, and nurturing 3 beautiful little girls. There are few things in life that I really get RIGHT. But, I am determined to not just have great kids but to have exceptional kids that love each other and love God. Everything we have done today has reflected that.
Now, let's repeat and repeat.


1 comments:
Kristin :-) You are a great mom! I didn't spend much time with you, but enough to know...you are really great with your kids. I'm praying for God to give you the opportunity to delight in the good days and the grace to soar through the hairy ones. I appreciate your blogs...full of insight and honesty!
Post a Comment