Thursday, February 25, 2010

Almost done!

Being pregnant has never been one of my favorite things to do. I just don't make a very good pregnant person. I am always sick, tired, uncomfortable, and pretty much miserable. I noticed a book the other day that sums up the way I feel about pregnancy, Pregnancy Sucks: What to Do When Your Miracle Makes your Miserable. It isn't the baby part that I don't like. I love feeling the baby in those earlier months when it feels like soft butterflies in your stomach. I relish in the ultrasounds and seeing the little peanut turn into what looks more like a baby. And I even love hearing, "It's a girl!" three times in a row. I do not, however, love having a head stuck up in my ribs and feet that are continually kicking me in my cervix. I do not relish in wake up after only being asleep for 2 hours and feeling like every muscle and bone in my body is going to break in pain. Then tossing and turning for another 2 hours until finally I find the zombie me sitting on the couch after the 3rd bath of the day, drinking water, taking 2 more Tylenol, and praying for some relief. Yes, this is my life right now.

I'm 38 weeks pregnant today. Hey, I know how hard it is to get pregnant. I know what it's like to have miscarriages. It's heartbreaking. And I wouldn't want to trade all the pain and discomfort for not being able to have that little baby in my arms at the end of it all.

In my sleep deprivation, I feel that peaceful voice speaking into my soul. He says to me,

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

“Be still and know that I am God!” Psalm 46:10


"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." Jeremiah 31:25






0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails