Some of the things I am thankful for are that there are no NEW stretch marks. The map of winding roads that already exist on my lower abdomen will hopefully only stay with HALF of the United States by the time this is all over with. Okay, so that is only one thing I can think of. Oh, and Noel is healthy, strong, and active! That's a big one, I know.
Several things that don't make my days so happy are that my feet feel like they are on fire almost constantly. They hurt and burn. I would like to just soak them in water all day long, but that just isn't the life of a stay at home mom with 2 very active children. My hips feel like I am approaching 80 and need a hip replacement. Oh and let's not talk about my boobs. Yeah, those are quite lovely with veins heading every which way as they get larger and larger. I'm just hoping that by 35 weeks I'm not leaking!
I'm holding out for that moment. You know the moment I'm talking about. All of those that enter into labor, work for hours on end, push with all their might for that one glorious moment where the entire world stops. Time literally stands still. The moment the baby is out and you feel instant relief as if you've been constipated for 9 months! The rush of relief overcomes you because first of all you feel free and secondly you hear that baby begin to wail. Tears of all consuming joy pour down your cheeks as the Dr. flops your newborn baby up on your belly. You count fingers and toes and then lay back with sweat beading around your face and your bangs painted onto your forehead and then you begin....to.....breathe. Yeah, that's the moment I live for right now. And that moment I shall have.......in 8-9 weeks!


0 comments:
Post a Comment