Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Been awhile

Grace at the beach! She loved it.
Hope and I. Hope really liked the sand. I was surprised.
My little family! I love them so much. They are my world. 
The Thompson Family. So glad we were able to get a photo done.
The girls playing around at their great grandparents house in Panama City, FL

Grace and Daddy flying in an airplane. Grace loved flying.

A pizza place we ate at in Pier Park at Panama City Beach. It was so good. 
Bryan and I at Pier Park in front of a huge Christmas tree. Fun day.


It's been a really long time since I've updated. It isn't because I haven't gotten on here and tried to write something down. I just never really seemed to have anything worth saying. Exhaustion played a lot into this. 

We went to Florida to visit my husband's family for a whole 7 days. It was good for him and the girls to get to spend some time with the Thompson side of the family. We did learn just a few things NOT do the next time when using our ONLY vacation time for the year. 

1) DO NOT, no matter who gets mad, let family dictate your schedule and your time! 

2) If we have a whole week, then we need to establish at least 3 of those days as just OUR family time and relaxation time.

3) Minimize driving! We do enough of that here, why would be want to do it the entire time we are on vacation. 

4) Save up enough money to spend a few nights in a nice hotel so it seems more like a vacation. One with a pool and hot tub! Or one with a hot tub IN THE ROOM! 

I am very grateful that my girls were able to really get some quality time with their grandparents, great grandparents, and others. Family is so important, but so is rest.  We got home from that trip so extremely exhausted that it took us ANOTHER week to just recover from.  It wasn't all bad, we had some fun. The girls loved the beach. I wish we had made more family time to go there and really play in the sand. Next time, people! 



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails